ear-bending sonics for OSX, Windows & Linux
Cecilia is an audio signal processing environment aimed at sound designers. Cecilia mangles sound in ways unheard of. Cecilia lets you create your own GUI using a simple syntax. Cecilia comes with many original built-in modules and presets for sound effects and synthesis.
Cecilia is free and open source (GNU GPL v3). Cecilia is programmed and maintained by Olivier.
What’s new in Cecilia 5.3.5
In addition to several fixed bugs, here are the new features added since version 5.3.0:
- Automatic saving of the module after creating or deleting a preset.
- Revisited tooltips and html documentation.
- All modules have been tested and cleaned.
- Better handling of unicode characters in preferences file.
- Migration of the application code to python 3.6 and wxPython Phoenix 4.0.1
- Better error handling when loading or running a cecilia5 module.
- Added ChenLee attractor to the ChaosMod plugin.
- Added various modulation waveforms to BinModulator module.
- NEW MODULE: UltimateGrainer – A state-of-the-art granulation processing module.
- NEW MODULE: RandomAccumulator – Variable speed recording accumulator module.
- NEW MODULE: UpDistoRes – Distortion module with upsampling and resonant lowpass filter.
Download Cecilia 5.3.5
User interface, built-in modules and API documentation for Cecilia can be found here.
Get the latest sources for Cecilia
The GIT repository at https://github.com/belangeo/cecilia5 is used to keep track of the source code and for bug reports.
To run Cecilia from sources, the following softwares must be installed on the system:
Then, in a terminal window, go to the cecilia5 folder and launch the program:
Cecilia is developed by Olivier on his free time to provide a full-featured processing application for sound exploration and music composition. If you feel this project is useful to you and want to support it and it’s future development, please consider donating money. I only ask for a small donation, but of course I appreciate any amount.